(twenty eight) or grace’s bday

Tonight I got to spend a very nice night out with my best friend, Grace! Grace graduated last year, and has since moved out of Philly. Although I miss her horribly, I’m so lucky to be able to still stay close to her. This weekend she turns 22, so she came in to the city to celebrate.

FullSizeRender IMG_6472

Grace, in addition to some friends she brought from home, Pam, Gabby, Xiu, Ellen and I went to a restaurant called “Max Brenner“- a chocolate themed restaurant and bar. I had never heard of it before, but Pam said it’s a novelty in Philly. Immediately entering the restaurant, you could smell chocolate. Honestly, I’m not sure if they piped the smell in through the AC vents or if it was real from the cooking, but it smelled delicious. I can totally see why Grace wanted to go there.

IMG_6476 IMG_6477

After a nice dinner and conversation, Pam and I headed back to her home. The weather has been really amazing recently, so the walk was beautiful. I think this may be one of the last warmer nights of fall, so I was taking it in as we walked. Philly is so beautiful at night. It still has the city sounds, but it’s a much softer type of noise than other cities I’ve been to. Usually other cities have lots of yelling and loud noises, but instead Philadelphia creaks and you can hear wind rushing between buildings. I honestly just really love this city, and am so happy that I go to a school so close by.

IMG_9281FullSizeRender-1

I’m taking a break from homework tomorrow- I spent all of today studying in Pam’s house, and then I live tweeted the second episode of stranger things (follow me! @amotte_). I honestly have been pushing myself really hard to get school work done (which is good- being productive!) but also, I need to have some time to just sit back, relax, and really feel GOOD about relaxing. I’m happy to be in Philly with Pam tomorrow to just explore a bit and treat ourselves to some much needed “us” time.

One thought on “(twenty eight) or grace’s bday