(sixty one) or spa day

I never thought of doing this until last night, and I really regret not thinking it day one of my freshman year. Beauty magazines are always marketing at home recipes for spa treatments that you can make with things from your kitchen, and yesterday I realized that I have all the ingredients at hand to make some easy DIY beauty treatments. And, to make it better, it’s FREE! Get yourself a take out box and craft away with these recipes.

LIP SCRUB

It’s winter time, and my lips are always chapped. To make a lip scrub:

1. Mix equal parts sugar and honey together.
  2. Rub along your lips.
  3. Rinse off.
  4. Repeat.
  5. TAH-DAH! Exfoliated lips.

EYE MASK

If you’re staying up late for classes, you’ll notice that your eyes tend to get puffy and swollen. Help calm them down by:

1. Soak green tea bags in warm water- not enough for the tea to brew, but enough for the bag to get warm.
  2. Use the tea bag as an eye compress, and put them over closed eyes for five minutes.
  3. Rinse with warm water.

BODY SCRUB

If you’re like me, your body will get dry in the winter. Make this hydrating scrub to exfoliate your skin by:

1. Mix coarse brown sugar, lemon juice, and equal parts olive oil and honey in a container.
  2. Open up a chamomile tea packet for the smell and the soothing effect of the tea.
  3. Exfoliate skin in shower.
  4. Rinse off with warm water.

FACE MASK

Although you’ll look like you have mayonnaise on your face trust me, it’s worth it. Just make sure you choose clean ingredients (unlike the blob of heavy cream someone spilled on the floor!)

1. Mash 1 banana, 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1 and a half tablespoons of honey into a bowl.
  2. Apply to face.
  3. Let dry!
  4. Rinse off with warm water!

All of these spa treatments have been tried and tested by yours truly. You can get the ingredients in either dining hall, so you can eat dinner, and then grab some ingredients for your own spa night on the way out. Honestly, it was super fun to come up with ideas, and I’m 100% going to do this again.