(eighty nine) or falling into place

In eight days I will be walking across the stage on Merion green and accepting my diploma. It seems surreal to me, but as the days count down closer and closer, things have began to fall into place for me. I have successfully moved all of my earthly belongings into my new apartment with Pam. I still have my bedding at Bryn Mawr/am living out of a suitcase, but it feels good to have everything I own in one spot without worrying about moving out on the day dorms close. My apartment feels like a cozy little haven to me, completely full with all the things I love, most importantly all of the plants I’ve been growing over the last couple of years.

I officially accepted a job and will be beginning May 15th, just two days after graduation. Although the turn around time is quite quick, I find that I am already looking forward to my next big adventure, and see myself getting excited at the prospect of working. Although I’m sure I’ll wish I had a few days to relax and take to myself, I have the personality that makes me want to do things and keep going, so I think in the long run this is really the best option for me. The people that I’ll be working with seem very similar to me, and although I don’t want to jinx it, I think we’ll get along very well.

To top it all off, I was awarded the McPherson. I am so incredibly thrilled that I was chosen out of all the deserving and dedicated candidates- it honestly feels like a dream. I hope that my experiences and time served with the Bryn Mawr community has positive impacts on future generations, and hopefully makes things a bit easier for future Mawrtyrs.

All in all, everything is beginning to fall into place. After a year of trying to get things in order for my future, my future is finally here- it’s looking bright, and I’m looking forward to it. For the first time in a long time I feel content with every aspect of my life. Although it’s going to be taking a big change, I am looking forward to what life has in store for me and the people that I care about.

One thought on “(eighty nine) or falling into place