(thirty four) or haffner finds

Bryn Mawr has two dining halls that are being utilized by students on a day-to-day basis: Haffner and Erdman. It’s really funny to see how each dining hall has accrued some sort of weird culture around it. For example, the slogan “Haffner Provides” is a common thread among BMC students. Also, if you talk about the “Erdman chairs” everyone will groan. I don’t know what about the dining halls polarizes people, but boy does it ever. You’ll have students who will refuse to go to the other dining hall just because they’re “morally against it.” …ok….?

My ~personal~ preference is Haffner, mostly because they have a really nice salad bar, which means that I can eat delicious salads whenever I want. Being a salad connoisseur, I tend to be left high and dry by the Erdman salad bar. They have the same things over and over, which is good for consistency, but Haffner will occasionally have special things, like cranberries, blue cheese, and almond slivers. To me, these little finds make the Haffner pursuit even more meaningful.

Today Meera and I went on an adventure to Haffner to see if we could get anything particular tasty after a particularly tough day. To my delight, I had a delicious slice of speciality pizza (I’m not sure it’s name, but it had arugula and prosciutto on it which was delicious) along with a cucumber salad. Meera has a vegetarian speciality pizza, with plain yogurt. Overall, a successful experience.

One thought on “(thirty four) or haffner finds

1. I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this site.

I’m hoping to see the same high-grade content by you later on as
    well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own blog now 😉