(three) or how fall came for Kate

I have been so lucky to make such amazing friends in college. I’ve heard horror stories from friends who stayed in Florida about terrible freshmen year encounters with people they thought they would be friends with, but by the third week of classes, realized that they should probably do without. I can rant and rave about how amazing the people I actively select to keep in my life are, but I think that would be a little bit too sentimental for the internet. So instead, I’m going to share why I’m thinking about friends today- it’s Kate’s 21st Birthday!

(Above- Kate and I!)

Brunch is very much a thing here at Bryn Mawr. It’s my personal favorite meal of the week, because you can grab a plate full of raspberry white chocolate scones, a cup of tea, and plop yourself down for two or so hours without feeling guilty because it’s brunch and what else should you be doing?

Kate wanted to go to a nice restaurant called White Dog Cafe for her special day, so we all took a break from the Mawr and made our way out to Wayne.

(Above: Ellen and Kate)

It was so nice to just take a break from everything, and all of us got to sit back, relax, and celebrate a special day with a very special person.
IMG_6095IMG_6093(Above and Below: Kate and Meera)

FullSizeRender-1The food was delicious! As were the non-alcoholic beverages (it’s still thesising time!) I’ve only been to White Dog twice, and the ambiance is really precious. They decorate the restaurant with realistic painting of dogs. It may seem cliche, but they somehow do it in a really tasteful way. I’m sorry this isn’t very convincing, but you really must believe me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE! I love you lots, and hope that your birthday was just what you wanted. I can’t wait to see what this year has in store for you- hopefully it’s half as good as you are <3